Friday, May 25, 2012

Rachel Marete, former Miss Universe Kenya, now a TV personality in LA, USA


>> image grabbed from: http://123india.santabanta.com/contestants.asp?picid=1123

Rachel Marete, 25, was crowned Miss Universe Kenya , 2005, and has since blossomed into an able TV personality in Los Angeles.

At only 19 years old, Rachel’s dream came true when she was won the Miss Universe Kenya 2005 title. It was not an easy feat for the tomboy who never wore heels or cared much about her looks until she decided to run for the pageant.

Says she: "In 2005 while in my last semester studying for a diploma in Business Information Technology, my classmates convinced me to try out the Miss Kenya Pageant. I especially owe my success to one girl, Waruguru, who convinced me to come out of my comfort zone. She warned that if I did not, I would wake up at 40 to find that I had wasted my opportunities and regret. I was model-tall but I had never been keen on my looks and had never modelled before. So I gave in." read more: mwakilishi.com


Highlight courtesy of ghafla.co.ke

No comments:

Post a Comment