Tuesday, June 19, 2012

How I navigated Kenya using Twitter


Surfers beware. There is an incredibly influential and vocal group on Twitter, using a common hashtag and blazing keyboards to ensure their African country is discussed fairly and with respect online. Kenyans on Twitter, better known as #KOT, are a 21st century phenomenon born out of the social media boom and growing economy in East Africa's most populous city, Nairobi.

Why are they so vocal and what is it doing for the country at large? My mission for "Inside Africa" recently was to find out - and I did so with an experiment.

The concept was simple; if Kenyans are so connected I should be able to assemble a quick meet-up; I should be able to navigate Nairobi via Twitter. The entire process should teach me how tech-savvy this country really is and show me where its heading. It worked far better than expected.
READ ON: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/15/world/africa/kenya-twitter-experiment/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment